In just six months, Citywide transformed Campbell Parade and the Bondi foreshore, delivering one of the highest profile infrastructure projects in NSW.
- Total project cost is approx $3.1million
- Upgrading all electrical systems and street lighting
- Construction of over 175m of curved feature seating and 4000sqm of feature footpath
- Construction of more than 750 linear metres of kerb and channel and installation of 350m of median fencing
- Resurfacing and rehabilitation of over 6500sqm of road pavement
- Planting of new median strip including 39 Mexican Fan Palms
- Procurement and planting of 10,000 new plants
- Protection of existing Norfolk Pines (approx 12) in the site area
- Water sensitive urban design for stormwater treatment and plant irrigation
Diverse Capabilities and Integrated Delivery:
Launched by Cr George Newhouse and then Federal Environment Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, the Bondi redevelopment was always going to attract a lot of attention. In just six months, Citywide transformed Campbell Parade and the Bondi foreshore, delivering one of the highest profile infrastructure projects in NSW. Not one registered complaint was received by the site office from traders and residents during the entire project.
Central to Citywide’s successful tender bid was the diverse and integrated nature of company’s business. It’s civil, roads, trees and parks services teams were all involved in the landmark project.
Citywide has a depth of experience delivering integrated projects. The company has redeveloped and maintained the foreshore stretching from Sandringham and Brighton through St Kilda to Port Melbourne in Victoria.
Project Managed for Customer Satisfaction
Thorough planning ensured high quality works were delivered on time, with minimum disruption to the users of the precinct and the local environment. The redevelopment has made a big difference to traffic management at Bondi beach by improving pedestrian safety and providing a high standard of facilities for thousands of local and international visitors.
Citywide’s knowledge of sustainable city development was also applied on the project: stormwater treatment and plant irrigation has been installed along the street fringe.
A row of majestic Mexican Fan Palms (Washingtonia robusta), selected by Citywide horticulturalists for their hardiness and visual appeal, are now a permanent feature of sunsets at Bondi.
Find out more about our Infrastructure services, or speak to us