Delivering significant cost, time and efficiency benefits by applying a unique works methodology for Alinta NSW
- 3 year contract
- Provision of civil restoration works
- Diverse areas including Sydney, Wollongong and the Central Coast
An Innovative Solution
Traditionally, restoration methods have been conducted in two stages; a temporary reinstatement followed by permanent restoration at a later date. A temporary patch of cold mix asphalt is applied to the road or footpath following utility company works. Permanent reinstatements may not be completed for up to six months during which time the temporary patch deteriorates, exposing utility companies, contractors and local governments to unacceptable public liability risk and negative community reaction.
Citywide has developed a unique works methodology that delivers significant benefits. In consultation with utility companies and local government, we remove the need for traditional temporary restorations, undertaking permanent reinstatements as soon as utility companies have completed their work. When a series of works are undertaken we move in after each part is completed, saving time and securing the site.
Responsible for Alinta reinstatements across NSW, Citywide's methodology delivers a range of benefits:
- Reduced cost and reinstatement timeframe because reinstatement is a single-step, permanent process
- Minimal disruption to the public because we cooperate with utility companies to use the traffic management infrastructure already in place
- Significantly reduced public liability risk as quality reinstatements are completed immediately
Citywide has established strong relationships with utility companies over many years. We deliver high performance civil works across industry sectors:
- Power - Citypower, Powercables, Multiple
- Telecommunications - Telstra, Visionstream, Downer EDI, Communication UECom, Powertell, Optus, NPS, Primus
- Gas and water - Origin Energy, City West Water, Infra Serv (Serco), Tennix (TSqrd), Scarriff Pipelines
Citywide has rapidly emerged as one of Australia’s most flexible road maintenance providers. Our Infrastructure division specialises in the planning, management and delivery of civil construction and maintenance services. Today, Citywide is responsible for complex inner-city laneway works as well as massive infrastructure developments such as Victoria’s Docklands and EastLink.
Find out more about our Infrastructure services, or speak to us today about our civil restoration services.