Canberra’s National Capital Authority (NCA) is considered the jewel in the crown when it comes to providing open spaces services to an iconic and prestigious Australian landmark.
A site that endears tens of thousands of domestic and international tourists every year, the NCA covers approximately 120 hectares and includes world renowned parklands and gardens like that of the Parliamentary Triangle, the National Rose Garden, the Commonwealth Gardens, Acton Peninsula, King’s Park and Old Parliament House.
Awarded the contract for the provision of open spaces maintenance and management services in April 2010, Citywide has worked hard to reinvigorate the gardens horticultural appeal and provide a standard of service appropriate to the site’s national significance.
Encompassing a range of both native and exotic plants throughout the diverse parkland settings, the NCA’s crowning glory is its 10,000 roses sprinkled throughout the ‘Old Parliament House Rose Garden’ and the ‘National Rose Garden’.
Key aspects of the contract include:
- Maintenance and mowing of irrigated and dryland grass
- Inspection and maintenance of shrubs, vines, hedges and garden beds
- Inspection and maintenance of trees
- Inspection, maintenance and cleaning of water features
- Observance and treatment of disease, weed and pest control
- Irrigation and watering
- Inspection and maintenance of pumps and pump wells
- Inspection and maintenance of paths and hardstands, park furniture
- Maintenance of all inorganic mulch surfaces
- Inspection, maintenance and cleaning of the assets, litter and rubbish removal
Find out more about our Open Space services, or speak to us today about how we can assist you.