What happens at the interview stage?
At interview stage you will be asked to meet with relevant Citywide staff and answer questions about your professional background, and your knowledge of the role.
Depending on the position, some candidates will be requested to complete psychometric testing through our assessment providers.
Employment reference checks will be conducted with two referees that you have previously worked for.
As part of Citywide’s employment process, applicants may also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment.
I want to work for Citywide, but do not have the right to work in Australia?
If you do not have an Australian working visa but are keen to come out and join the team, there are two options:
1. For those between the ages of 18 and 30, consider applying for a working holiday visa. Information can be found on the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration Website. Once you receive your visa, follow the instructions for those who have the right to work in Oz.
2. Monitor the Australian Government’s Skilled Occupation List. Every year the Australian Government reviews those roles that are in demand by Australian employers and provides access to working visas. Up until June 2010 arborists were on this list. You are still however classified as an ‘endangered species’ so keep checking in to see if you are back on the list
What do I need to do with my application?
- Answer any key requirements as highlighted in the job description document.
- Don’t forget to use a valid email address so we can contact you.
- Have your resume handy and ensure that it’s up-to-date. Tailor your resume to highlight your experience relevant to the position
- Describe your work experience positively and clearly.
- Describe your skills in a factual way – state clearly YOUR role in any achievements listed, not the role of the team or manager.
- Your work experience should be listed in reverse chronological order. That is, your current role should be listed first.
- Check your application before you submit it. (We will send you an acknowledgement email once we have received your application).
Can Citywide keep my details on file?
If we haven’t offered you the position on this occasion, we still have your details in our database so you can be considered for other vacancies in the future.
You can also continue to apply for other roles if they are of interest.
What to expect from the recruitment process?
Our People & Culture team review submitted applications for suitability against the criteria for the position. If your skills and experience match those of what we’re looking for, you’ll be contacted to arrange for an interview.
At all times during the recruitment process you’ll be kept up to date on your progress via email or phone. Our People & Culture team will advise you of the appropriate steps in the process and also inform you if you have been unsuccessful in progressing at any stage.
How often are jobs advertised?
We post jobs regularly, often daily. However, if you are not visiting our website every day, you can still find out about jobs. You can register for Job Alert to receive email notifications for positions as they are advertised that match your preferences.
Additionally, we also often run general advertisements for roles that we are looking at filling.
How do I express interest in jobs that are not currently advertised?
If you want to express interest in a job at Citywide but can’t find what you’re looking for in the list of current vacancies, you can join our talent pool by visiting our Current Opportunities.
If you have any other questions about the application process please get in touch
with the People & Culture team.