Apr 1, 2020, 09:19 AM
An alert has been issued to customers and suppliers advising them not to click links or attachments in suspicious emails after a limited phishing attack on Citywide's systems.
Citywide's IT team advisory notice published in response to today's attack strongly encourages affected customers and suppliers to immediately delete suspicious emails.
Best practice guidelines to mitigate the risk of a phishing scam include:
- Do not click on links or attachments from senders that you do not recognize. Be especially wary of .zip or other compressed or executable file types.
- Do not provide sensitive personal information (like usernames and passwords) over email.
- Watch for email senders that use suspicious or misleading names.
- Inspect URLs carefully to make sure they’re legitimate and not imposter sites.
- Do not try to open any shared document that you’re not expecting to receive.